Your privacy is very important to us at the Charities Security Forum (“The Forum”). We hold and process information to allow us to manage and support the Forum.
Our privacy promise to you:
- We only hold infprmation supplied by you, for as long as you are a member of the Forum
- We will keep your information secure and confidential
- You are in control of our communication with you – we will only use email to the charity email address supplied by you. Each email will give you the opportunity to opt out of further emails, or Forum membership, at any time.
- We will not sell your data to a third party.
- We will not swap your data with a third party.
- We will train our staff to ensure that they know how to manage your information appropriately and in line with regulations.
Who we are
The Charities Security Forum is a group of security professionals working for charities, and NFPs with a charitable purpose, addressing the information security issues affecting mainly/only charities and NFPs. Membership is free
Charities Security Forum Ltd is a company limited by guarantee (company No. 08921359), registered with the Information Commisioner’s data Protection register (Registration No. ZA053547), and a data controller under Data Protection law.
Information we collect
We obtain personal information about you only from your application to join the Forum:
- Name, job title, professional qualifications
- Your charity contact information including address, telephone number and email address
- Person address, telephone number, mobile number and email address are not required, and if supplied, not collected.
- Demographic information such as postcode, and region of the UK
We may add to what you have told us by recording your use of our website – tracking this helps us create more of the content that our members want to see.
Like all organisations we are able to confirm what web browser you are using and your IP address, in order that we can improve the quality of the service that we provide to you.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
Legal Basis for communications
The purpose of the Forum is to communicate useful, relevant information to our members, We will only contact you using the charity email address you supplied on application to join. Each email from us will give you the opportunity to stop further emails by selecting ‘Unsubscribe’ on any email from the Forum.
You may also withdraw your consent to receive further contact from the Forum, resign your Forum membership, at any time, by emailing to email@example.com.
Offensive or inappropriate content
If any users of our website post content that we believe to be inappropriate, offensive or illegal, we will remove this immediately and we may alert the relevant parties such as the internet provider and law enforcement agencies.
Your right to access the information we hold about you
You are entitled by law to request a copy of the personal information we hold about you and you can also ask us to erase some or all of your information and to limit the processing we undertake or object to it.
Should we wish to exercise these rights please write to the Data Protection Officer, The Charities Security Forum, 1 Thorne Crescent, Worsley, Greater Manchester M28 3YG We require you to provide two pieces of identification, one of which must be a copy of a passport or driving licence. We will respond within 30 days of your request, and it would be helpful if you would give us as much detail about yourself as you can, to enable us to locate your records.
Keeping your information
We keep your personal information only for as long as you are registered as a member of the Forum. Where your information is no longer required, i.e. when you advise us you no longer wish to be a member of the Forum, or you are no longer employed by a charity or NFP, we will ensure it is disposed of in a secure manner.
If you have any feedback about this policy please do drop us a line at firstname.lastname@example.org